Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Training Begins

My first official day of triathlon training ... or my last day of slothiness.

Several guys on my team at work are all doing bike races and training for triathlons. I really don't want to be the most out-of-shape guy at the office. (What? "Round is a shape," you say?). So I've decided to join them.

The main goal is to do the Texas Man in September. Depending on how well the training goes, I would like to try the Olympic distance or possibly even the half-IronMan but I know I will really have to work hard to be able to do those distances. [May 14 Update: Training is progressing well. I hope to do some Sprint tris starting in June.]

Swam at the North Lake College (local community college) pool at lunch time. Did about 650 meters total ... not bad since I haven't done any serious swimming since my junior year at college (17 years ago - gasp, I'm old). I was doing well until the two other guys I was swimming with talked me into racing with them for the last 50 meters. Felt like puking as I headed for the showers ...

No comments: