Saturday, April 19, 2008

(Fort Worth) Zoo Run Run

I ran in the 11th Annual Fort Worth Zoo Run this morning. I did the 10K race in some gorgeous weather.

Met up with the "Keller Running Club" before the race and also ran into a few members of the Ranch View Gang afterwards. Walked around the expo briefly and scored a free Adias technical shirt from Luke's Locker for signing up for their mailing list (I think I was already on it).

Despite a tough course, I was able to set a PR (personal record) for the 10K distance! Unfortunately, somehow (and disappointingly) my time didn't show up in the official race results (yet). However, my GPS recorded my stats: distance: 6.21 miles; time: 48:34; pace: 7:49/mi; avg HR: 173 bpm; max HR: 182 bpm.

Race route: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/tx/fort-worth/874719564

As I was saying, the course was fairly tough with quite a few hills. As you can see, the route was mostly uphill for the first two miles, evened out for the next two (with a spike at Mile 4 - I remember that hill!) and then mostly downhill to the finish.


My speed was inversely proportional to the changing grade.


After the race, I enjoyed some good post-race food: bananas, chips & crackers, bagels, various smoothies and energy shakes, and orange juice. I also got a free chair massage. Oddly, even though this was a post-RUNNING massage, they didn't work on my legs and calves until I pointed them out as a sore area. :-P

UPDATE: Looks like the results are up now (at http://www.runtimeracingservices.com/Results2.aspx?RaceID=664), but many people’s times are missing. Actually, if they’re like mine, they're stuck in the 5K list. My 10K PR time of 48:31.9 has been relegated to a 1339th place finish in the 5K as "Unknown Partic. 2848" (sniff)!

Oh well ... C'est La Vie

No comments: