Thursday, July 17, 2008

Working Out When Not Working

Been a crazy week at work. Project deadlines, meetings, blah blah blah. Need my lunchtime spin classes to stay sane.

Monday: Recovery day from Disco Tri.

Tuesday: 45-minute spin class + 1,000 yards of swimming. 152 BPM average HR on the bike, but I hit a max of 180 BPM! Something got into Don and he really pushed it for the last 5 minutes of the class and he took me right along with him. The swim splits were decent as well: 9:57 for the first 500 yds, and 9:50 for the second set.

Wednesday: Picked up my Too Hot To Handle packet (and Brooks running singlet and running hat - SWEET) at RunOn! in Coppell. Wilhe is signed up for the 15K with me, and Don A plans to do the 5K. Scott & Jarrod may join us as well.

Thursday: A tough 45-minute spin class at LA Fitness in Irving - 155 bpm average HR. Not sure if I've written about our new Thursday spin instructor or not - she's almost six months pregnant and still kicks our tails on the bike! She was telling us a story last week (or was it the week before? - man, I am losing my mind) about growing up in Utah and cycling competitively. She did a Utah to Jackson Hole, WY race - over 200 miles of mountain climbs -and completed it in 10 hours and change. Hard. Core. Just what I need to improve my cycling. :-)

Afterwords, I did a brick run with Charlie and his friend/coworker Jay. For some reason, I thought he always did outdoor brick runs so we kinda got confused about heading upstairs to the treadmills vs. hitting the heat. In the end, we did a 1.88 mile loop from the gym in 15:42. That's an 8:21/mi pace - not too shabby considering that it was 95+ degrees outside.

Friday: Planning to do some light swimming. Will rest up my legs for Saturday's 15K!

No comments: