Thursday, December 20, 2007

Getting Back into the Groove

Monday: Work and a sushi buffet lunch derailed my workout plans. So a "bonus" off-day this week.

Tuesday: Another long run with Derek, Jarrod, and Matt along the Campion Trail. We decided to run "out" for about 35 minutes and then "back" for 40 minutes or less.

I completed 8.82 miles in 1:12:17 for a 8:11/mi pace. (Two weeks ago, I ran 7.41 miles on the same trail in 1:00:29 for a 8:09/mi pace). Today, it took 35:40 to get to my turnaround point and then 36:37 for the return trip. Not too much of a slowdown in the pace, so I am happy.

MotionBased info (map, heart rate, etc.): http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4616087

From the map, it looks like the trail will continue northwest and connect to Sam Houston park so this trail/run might be getting longer in the future!

Wednesday: An hour-long spin class followed by swimming. My heart rate during the spin class was not as high as normal, but I was a little tired from yesterday's run. After spinning, I did 1,500 yds in the pool. It took 31:48 with (decreasing) 500 yd splits of 10:40, 10:36, 10:32 - not too bad.

Thursday: Don left for vacation, Jonathan was sick, and Wilhe had to work from home today. So instead of going to spin class at LA Fitness by myself, I went to swim with Derek, Jarrod, and Matt at North Lake College. I was able to finish 2,500 yards in 51:20.5, which is my fastest time for this distance! Swimming with friends helps keep up your pace. Splits: 9:50, 10:17.5, 10:28, 10:24.5, 10:20.5.

Derek said that the side of the pool that we used (the deep end) made for faster swim times. Something to do with less resistance because we're further from the bottom. Anyway, regardless of the physics, my time was definitely pretty fast. However, Derek was even faster; he lapped me at least three times and finished 2,500 yards in under 47 minutes. Way to go, Derek!

Friday plan: Spend some time on the elliptical trainer.

Saturday morning plan: "Reverse Tri at LA Fitness" - 1 hour treadmill run, 1 hour spin class, 1,500 yd swim.

Sunday: OFF day!

No comments: