Friday, December 14, 2007

Slow Week

Winter weather is getting me down. Cold and/or rainy all week long.

Monday: 2,000 yard swim. Not very fast (44:58), but at last I got it in. I'm feeling very lazy these days. Splits: 10:48, 11:20, 11:23, 11:27

Tuesday: Spin and Run. Was more than 10 minutes late to spin class, so I tried to push my speed/intensity to somewhat compensate. Afterwards, I did about 30 minutes on the treadmill. Started quite slow, but by the end I was running at 8.5 MPH, which I kept up for the last mile.

Wednesday: Too busy at work. Couldn't get to the gym. Just did about an hour on my home elliptical trainer in the afternoon. Didn't wear my heart rate monitor, but it felt like fairly high intensity for most of it.

Thursday: Spin class and then swimming. 1,500 yards in 32:33. Negative splits: 11:13, 10:42, 10:37. It was very nice to speed up for the later laps.

Friday: Had errands to run, so today was an off-day.

I was going to compete in the Fort Worth Tropical 10-Mile run tomorrow, but decided not to because (1) it's too cold, (2) can't get a babysitter for my daughter. So I'll just go to the gym instead - probably run on the treadmill and swim. This cold weather is just beginning. I think I'm going to look for a spin bike or an indoor bike trainer otherwise my biking is going to really suffer this winter.

No comments: