Friday, September 19, 2008

Big Weekend

Another day off in preparation for a two-event weekend - the Tour Des Fleurs 20K tomorrow and the Texas Man Olympic Triathlon on Sunday.

The standard spin-centric workouts the last few days ...

Tuesday: 45 minutes of spin class (avg hr: 159 bpm) + 2.5 mile treadmill run in 21:17 (8:31/mi pace, avg hr: 165 bpm ... first mile at 5% incline)

Wednesday: 2.5 mile treadmill run in 19:38 (7:51/mi pace, avg hr: 164 bpm ... first mile at varying 2.5-5% incline) + 60 minutes of spin class (avg hr: 158 bpm) 

Thursday: 61 minutes of spin class (avg hr: 155 bpm) + 500 yd swim in 8:52(!)

I have most of my stuff packed up for tomorrow mornning's run.  Since parking will be a hassle - I will have to park at least half a mile away from the venue (the Dallas Arboretum) - I'll be wearing my Fuel Belt during the race, not for hydration on the run, but instead because I have put my glutamine and Accelerade powder in the flasks to make 32 ounces of recovery drink (just add water) right after I cross the finish line (hopefully in about 1 hour and 45 minutes :-).

No comments: