Friday, October 24, 2008

Workouts and Friends of the River Party In the Village

Wednesday: 80 minutes of spin.  Forgot my Garmin watch - so no heart rate readings - I'd guess the overall average was on the low side since I took a easy a few times for recovery.  But doing over an hour of cycling still felt satisfying.

Thursday lunchtime: 60 minutes of spin (avg hr = 159 bpm - solid workour).  Only one more week with my favorite spin instructor - her due date is the second week of November!  Afterwards, 500 yard swim in 10 minutes and 11 1/2 seconds.  I haven't been in the water since before Austin (was letting my finger heal) and I was definitely out of practice after the 2 1/2 weeks away from swimming.   10:11.5 for the set was not bad, though.  Luckily, this Sunday's Monster Sprint Tri is only a 300 meter swim - I think I can handle that!

Thursday evening: I participated in the Friends of the River "Party In The Village" Run - a "3.4 mile food line" before the party - check out the restaurants serving the food and drink.  My official time was 26:25 for the 3.4 mile course for a 7:45/mi pace and placement of 110th out of 783 overall, 75th out 324 men (459 women in the race - an uncommon gender skew), and 11th out of 31 in the M 35-39 age group.  Per GPS, the course was 3.43 miles long and fairly flat; with this distance, my pace was 7:42 mi.  The run wasn't my best, I lost steam at after the first mile.  I'm still working on my pacing.  I'll try to redeem myself at this Saturday's 5K and 10K runs. Splits:
  • Mile 1: 7:09
  • Mile 2: 8:00
  • Mile 3: 8:06 
  • Final 0.4 miles: 3:08 (7:30/mi pace)


In other news, I picked up a costume on Tuesday for the Monster Tri.  So I am all prepared on that front as well!

No comments: