Saturday, November 8, 2008

Double Spin

After the normal spin class (60-minutes, avg hr of 151 bpm) and quick 500 yd swim on Thursday, I took Friday off because I thought I felt a cold coming on.  However, by this morning, it seemed to have passed, so I headed to the gym to get in a workout.

The LA Fitness class schedule posted on the web showed spin classes at 9:15 and 10:30.  I got to the gym just as the 9:15 class was starting and was lucky to get one of the last open bikes.  I completed the first 60-minute class (avg hr 161 bpm) and then filled my water bottle and took a quick break during the 10 minutes between classes and then did the second 60-minute class (avg hr 159 bpm).  

So over two hours of cycling completed.   Not quite the same as a 100K bike ride, but still a solid workout.  In fact, it took longer than a half-marathon with a lot less stress on my knees, feet, and legs! :-)

No comments: