Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekend Accomplishments

Saturday's Accomplishment:

Woke up early and met up the Keller Running Club on the Bear Creek trails.  Got in a 5.8 mile run with a steady 8:30-8:45 pace (and 170-175 bpm heart rate) while running, but had two 3-5 minute water stops to break it up - so the total time was 58:48 and 161 bpm avg hr.  MotionBased info: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7585006 

After the run, I headed to the gym for spin-brick-spin workout.  First class: 75 minutes at an average heart rate of 159 bpm.  Then a 2:05 transition to wipe down the spin bike, change into my running shoes, and get upstairs to the treadmill (wow, I wouldn't have guessed it takes that long - I thought I was hustling) to get in a 1.5 mile run in 12:45 (8:30/mi pace) at 173 bpm.  The second transition was faster (1:21) so I got back downstairs and back on the bike quickly.  Second class: 60 minutes at 156 bpm.  It was tougher to keep the intensity up for the second session, but I think I managed to still make it worthwhile.

So the totals for today: 7.25 miles of running and 2.25 hours of cycling (equivalent to 45-50 miles).  Almost "Half-Iron-worthy."

Sunday's Accomplishment:

Not feeling too sore from yesterday. :-)

No comments: