Saturday, June 21, 2008

Long(ish) Run

This morning I did my longest run since my half-Ironman tri nearly three months ago. 11.45 miles in 1:51:49 for an overall pace of 9:45/mi.

Route Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://pages.andrien.com/VOWSRun2008-06-21.kml

Not very fast, due in part because I had to walk for about 12-13 minutes - without those stretches, my pace would have been 9:00-9:15/mi.


I actually kept up a decent pace (probably averaging 8:30/mi) until Mile 5. However, from that point on, my overall speed slowed down and I had to start taking the walk breaks:


Since I live at the top of a hill, no matter which direction I run, I have to run uphill at the end :-( ...


Heart rate for the run. Not to bad overall - big rise at the end as I hurried (up the hill) to get home.

I still have a long ways to go to get my "running groove" back on. However, it is comforting to know that I could run a 20K or half-marathon now (albeit slowly) if I wanted to - that was definitely not a given a few weeks ago!

No comments: