Monday, June 30, 2008

7 for 7

Tomorrow is July 1, the first day of the seventh month. And this morning I ran 7 miles. Okay, so the connection is a stretch, but it was still a good run nonetheless.

The route was almost identical to last Thursday's Neighborhood 10K, but I added a loop about two thirds of the way through, which extended the previously 6.36-mile route to 7.02 miles. I completed my run in just under an hour (59:33.47) which is an 8:29/mi pace. This is my fastest run of 10K or longer since my Zoo Run 10K PR pace of 7:49/mi ... and definitely one of my faster training runs in the last few months.

I'm very pleased because I was able to keep a good pace despite still feeling some lingering soreness from Saturday's century ride. I think I'll take another rest day tomorrow and probably limit my Wednesday workout to a swim to try to get a full recovery.

No comments: