Sunday, June 8, 2008

Slow Painful Run

First, the whining: I was tired from getting up early two days in a row, it was windy this morning, my legs are still recovering from yesterday's ride, blah blah blah.

Okay, now that I have that (and my heart rate monitor strap) off my chest, I will return to my normal positive outlook and philosophy - a slow run is still better than no run.

Ran 4.75 miles this morning - just a jog around my neighborhood. Took 44:07 for a 9:17/mi pace. However, I don't think I was really "taking it easy" because my average heart rate was a respectable 158 BPM. So even though my run was pretty slow because of the excuses listed above - and I even had to walk for about 2 minutes after 3 1/2 miles - it still felt good to get in some running.

The training continues.

No comments: