Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Another 10K training run

Did another 10K (6.2 miles) training run this morning - http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3672296. Finished it right at about 1 hour (9:45/mi pace), which is my current 10K goal. Now just have to see how well/fast I can run after swimming and biking!

Crazy stuff: Check out the heart rates. According to MotionBased, I spent 3.95 miles (almost 2/3 of the run) in the 90-100% range (166-185 bpm) and I honestly felt fine.

Similar to Monday, it was all trail running, which is genius – almost completely shaded by trees and less pounding on the joints. Note: Motionbased seems to overestimate the distances – the chart below is from the Garmin Training Center PC software. After a warm-up lap, I did 6 laps (“laps 2-7” on the chart) of the exact same route/distance. The last four laps were actually faster than the first 2 laps!

No comments: