Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy Hump Day

Yesterday was all leg work with the normal standard Tuesday spin class followed by a treadmill run. For the spin class, Leslie decided that it was going to be a "hard day". Little did she know that every spin class with her is difficult. But she was true to her word, my heart rate rarely dipped below 155 bpm for the entire class. Afterward, I finished the normal 5K in 29:19 with nearly 550 ft of elevation gain. That compares well with previous weeks' times.

Today, another spin class (in Keller) with a new instructor - a transplant from the Motorola fitness center six miles down I-35W. She seemed to favor the "quick jumps" - 2 seconds(!) in the saddle, 2 seconds standing. DENIED - too much bouncing up and down - so instead I did sprints or cranked up the resistance for standing hill climbs during those segments. However, overall, she was competent and motivating. All is well.

Afterwards, I swam 1,000 yards in 23:13. A decent pace since I was concentrating less on speed and more on form (those TNT swim drills put to work ...)

No lunch workout tomorrow - I'll be attending a day-long staff/planning meeting with my boss and his other managers. If I feel inspired/guilty, I may get on the elliptical trainer at home in the evening.

No comments: