Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Double Indoor Tris

Was browsing through trifind.com and came across several "Lifetime Fitness Indoor Triathlon" events like this one: http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1518936

I can't believe they charge for that. Don, Wilhe and I do this for free (and go longer!) at our own gym ... :-P

In fact, this week, I have done two "LA Fitness Tris".

On Tuesday, I started off with a 2.5 mile run, followed by a tough 45-minute spin class with Leslie, and then ended the workout with a 1,000-yard swim (500 yard splits: 10:27, 10:02.5)

Today, I did another indoor tri. This time, I started with a 60-minute spin class, followed by 2 miles on the treadmill, and another 1,000-yard swim (500 yard splits: 10:07.5, 9:40.5)

My running speed was not as fast as I would like (I was averaging around 10:00/mi for both days) and the swimming was a little tougher than expected, but nonetheless these were solid 90 and 100 minute workouts that pushed my aerobic threshold.

Tomorrow will be an off-day - I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: