Friday, July 6, 2007

Ever Feel Like You're Just Running on a Treadmill?

Well, in my case, I actually WAS running on a treadmill today. I was able to complete 3.1 miles (a 5K) in 28:05. And then did a little jogging to round out the 30 minute timer. Not a bad pace - just slightly slower than my 5K time on July 4th's race (27:55).

Although I don't really like running on a treadmill, I think for the time being this is the only way that I can check/ensure my running pace. I resolve to get on this thing at least twice a week.

Finished up my workout with a 1,000 meter swim, but the times were slow. 12:46 for the first 500m and 13:04 for the second - or 25:50 for the 1,000 meters.

In other news, Don told me this afternoon that Wilhe (another guy from work) attended LA Fitness today using one of Don's guest passes. Like Don, he signed him and his wife up for memberships by the end of his workout. So I guess the LA Fitness marketing plan is working (and LA Fitness needs to pay me commission)!

And finally, Jarrod, Don and I plan to do a 60-mile bike ride by ourselves on Sunday. We got a map and directions for a 30-mile route between Denton, Sanger, and the southern end of Lake Ray Roberts. The plan is to do two laps of the route in about 4 hours (including the stops).

No comments: