Tuesday, July 17, 2007

More Elliptical Trainer

Didn't have time yesterday or today to make it to the gym (work is BUSY) so I've just been working out on the home elliptical trainer. Did about "2.05 miles" in an hour yesterday and about the same today, which feels pretty good. Hopefully, my running shape has improved.

Derek is signing us up tomorrow for the Too Hot To Handle race at White Rock Lake in Dallas on Saturday. Originally, my plan was to run the 5K and see how much I've improved since the 5K I ran on July 4 (my treadmill speeds at the gym have slowly crept upward). However, Derek convinced me to try the 15K distance. He said he would run with me - so I will hold him to his word - or try my best to catch up to him as he shoots way ahead of me. :-)

I placed another tri-zone order today - got a 4-Bottle Fuel Belt (it's probably going to take me 1.5 hours to do the 9.3 miles so I will need some water), some more SaltStick capsules, and several pairs of Speed Laces and Sqeezums (for speedier transitions for upcoming tris and also because I'm too lazy to tie my shoes). Hopefully, I will get this order (mainly the water belt) before this weekend's 15K.

No comments: