Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Swim Today, Run Tomorrow

Did some swimming today at the gym for my first post-race workout. It felt pretty good, and I think I am completely over Sunday's cold. I completed 2,000 meters in four 500m chunks. Had a pretty good pace at the start, but it definitely slowed after the first 1,000.

First 500 m - 12:05
Second 500 - 12:10
Third 500 - 12:29
Final 500 - 12:59 (was supposed to be a cool-down, but when I saw halfway through that I could still break 13 minutes, something snapped)

Tomorrow morning (Happy Independence Day), Jonathan & Alexis, Jarrod, and I will be meeting up in Denton for the 7th Annual Liberty 5K. This is the first time I've run in an organized event in over 12 years. It will be interesting to see how well we can do when we haven't swam and biked just prior to running.

Let’s see how close I can get to my time from 12 years(!) ago - http://www.coolrunning.com/results/ma/baycolon.htm. I honestly feel like I am in the best shape of my life right now, but I can't completely discount the fact that I still am 12 years older and 15 pounds heavier than "Andy from 1995" ...

No comments: