Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Back For More

I signed up for a bunch of events today - July 31 was the deadline for discounted registration fees for many events. I am now a registered participant for:

  • "Take On The Heat" Sprint Tri - another tri with a pool swim (350 meters); doing this one with Jarrod (who got an even more discounted registration fee through TNT)
  • Hotter Than Hell - the biggest bike race in Texas and one of the biggest in the nation; couldn't miss this one; Jarrod and I are signed up (Jonathan and Mike may join us); not sure where we are going to stay - hotel rooms get booked a year in advance; worst case, we have a 2+ hour drive and leave the house at 3:00 AM!
  • Texas Man Tri - Jarrod signed on for the Olympic distance (1500 yard swim, 23 mile bike, and 6.2 mile run) and so Derek and I decided to join him. Jonathan is signed up for the Sprint. This is the TNT event for which Jarrod and Jonathan have been officially training.
I'm a little worried about doing the Olympic distance for Texas Man. I'm going to have to train a lot harder to be ready for it (race date: September 16). But this is in line with my two longer-term goals - doing the "50.5" distance (.93 mi Swim, 40.3 mi Bike, 9.3 mi Run) for Tri 101 at the Woodlands in November and running a half-marathon in the November or December.

In other news, the Burleson Honey Tour which was rained out back in May has been rescheduled for September 1.

Unfortunately, training will be a little sporadic the next few weeks due to some (much-needed) vacation. Hopefully, I will be able to do some running, hit the hotel gyms on occasion, and squeeze in a bike ride and some swimming when I am in town. Actually, finding some time for vacation workouts is a must. The Take on the Heat Sprint Tri is on August 19 - two days after I get back from vacation!

I think I can, I think I can ...

No comments: