Thursday, July 5, 2007

Spin Cycle

Today, I did a "spin cycling" class during lunchtime at the LA Fitness branch in Las Colinas (1 mile from my office). Actually, this is the second spin class I've done - I also did one with Jonathan last Wednesday. I really like the class - a very good and fun workout - and very intense. Probably equivalent to about 15 miles of biking in an hour with lots of tough "hills". I originally thought that the class would be fairly easy after doing (near-)century bike rides, but because the motion is pretty much non-stop, if you don't cheat and really use a decent amount of resistance on the fly-wheel, you get a great cardio and leg-strength workout.

Afterword, I did about 500 meters of swimming - as a cool-down and also because I like swimming. Don was at the LA Fitness pool as well on a 7 day trial guest pass. Well, it ended up that he didn't need all seven days because he signed up for a membership before we left the gym! So now I have another LA Fitness gym workout buddy - along with Jonathan and Alexis (and, of course, my wife :-)

No comments: