Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Spin Instructor Gone Wild

Did my first spin class in about three weeks today (the long absence due to knee problems, work, and business travel). The class felt very tough - probably because:
  1. I lost some of my "biking legs" due to the long break
  2. I felt I had something to prove - "getting back on the horse" - so I pushed hard
  3. Leslie wanted to kill us
Yeah, she literally said at the beginning of the class: "I've just finished days of high-altitude training so I'm going to kick your $@#% today." I don't know if she was serious about the high-altitude training, but she was definitely serious about the class.

As you can see my heart rate stayed fairly high the entire time (average was 165 bpm). And right before class, I ran about 15 minutes on the treadmill so I was already warmed up.



In other news, Don and I signed up for the Ironhead Texas Motor Speedway Sprint Duathlon on February 17 (two and a half weeks away). Jarrod and Matt may join us as well. It consists of a 2-mile run, a 15-mile bike, followed by another 2-mile run. This should be interesting since I haven't ridden my bike since November. If the weather is nice this weekend, I'll have to try to get some biking miles in.

No comments: