Saturday, January 19, 2008

Too Cold To Hold

I still can't run.

Or rather I did run ... but probably shouldn't have.

Jarrod, Matt and I ran the Too Cold To Hold 15K at White Rock Lake this morning. Don did the 5K.

Did the 15K (9.3 miles) in 1:21:05 (8:43/mi pace). The first 6 miles weren't too bad - did the first 7 miles in 60:25 for a 8:38/mi pace. However, my knee really started to act up for the last couple of miles. It took me 20:40 for the last 2.3 miles for an 8:59/mi pace as I hobbled along. Very frustrating to limp cross the finish line - barely winded.

Afterwards, my knee got really stiff (the cold weather probably didn't help) and walking back to our car was a chore. Let's see how I feel tomorrow.

Final results at http://www.runontexas.com/Results/Winter2008/TooColdToHold2008/TooColdMenu.htm

No comments: