Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Earlier in the week, Derek and I planned to ride this morning. Maybe start at 7:00 AM and get in 50 miles before we did our Easter activities. However, we cancelled our plans a few days ago when it looked like rain and cold(er) weather was in the forecast.

Well, the rain didn't materialize and the temps, while cooler, were still in the 40s-50s. But I'm still glad we cancelled the bike ride. I definitely felt little sore today (legs and shoulders) from yesterday's 16.5 miles of running. Additionally, despite sleeping about 10 hours last night (I normally average about 6 hours - so that's just crazy talk), I still feel tired. So instead of working out, I saved my energy to attack the Easter Brunch at the Marriott Solana. That buffet never stood a chance! :-)

In other news, I finally found some time to install the replacement armrests for my aerobars. I discovered that the other armrest was also cracked so I ended up replacing both of them.

I also installed new Look-compatible cleats on my bike shoes. That task actually a little longer than expected because the screws holding the cleats had been damaged from too much contact with the road and were slightly stripped. Now that the new cleats and screws are in place, I'll keep better track of their wear so that they can be replaced at a more appropriate (earlier) time.

No comments: