Monday, March 31, 2008

Partial Ferrous Humanoid

Well, I am now a half-Ironman! My primary goal was (a) to finish, and the secondary goal was to (b) complete it in under 6 hours. I did finish and my time was 5 hours and 59 minutes. So, Mission Accomplished. :-)


I was so tired afterwards. After eating some snacks and cheering on other TNT participants, I took a 2+ hour nap and nearly overslept for the TNT “victory party”. Filled up on some fajitas, got the girls ready for bed and then crashed and slept from 9:30-6:30.

Feel pretty good today – no major pains or anything. A little bit of sunburn on my shoulders, but it’s not too bad – I had put on sunscreen, but I think it may have gotten scraped off when I taking off my wetsuit after the swim (in salt water – bleah). But, overall, all systems go – I’m looking forward to actually enjoying the resort after running around (figuratively and literally) the last few days.

Full race report tomorrow or the day after. I need to pack up and check out of the hotel and then I'm taking my family to the attractions of Moody Gardens today before drving back home tonight.

No comments: