Saturday, March 22, 2008

Training Continues

Friday: 90 minutes on the spin bike at home. Wanted to do 2 hours but didn't have the time nor the motivation. Watched Lost and Leno (yay for TiVo) to keep from being bored out of my mind. :-)

Saturday: Last tough training day. A lot of running.

Almost 10 miles this morning in my neighborhood before taking the kids out for an Easter Egg hunt. Then after a TNT open water swim practice in (chilly - sub-60 degree water) Lake Grapevine (3 short trips: about 1000 yards and 20 minutes total), Derek and I ran 6.5 miles from Oak Grove Park. The second run was tough (and much slower). When we did the second half on the Oak Grove Park trails, we saw some in-line skaters and I was thinking "Hmmm, a pair of Rollerblades would definitely be the easier way to do this."

Morning Run: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5215854 (9.91 miles in 1:25:46 - 8:39/mi pace)

Afternoon Run: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5219352 (6.5 miles in 1:02:11 - 9:33/mi pace)

The TNT open water swim was pretty good but the distance was not as far as I would have liked. If I hadn't had done the third swim with the team captains, it probably would have just been 500 yards of swimming - not enough when I have to go more than 2,000 yards next Sunday. I did get to use my wetsuit, which is great. The new wetsuit definitely is not as tough to get on and off as the previous (too small) one. Spraying some Pam on my legs and shoulders ("Hmmm, do you smell fried chicken?") also helped a lot.

No comments: