Thursday, May 17, 2007

Legs = REALLY Sore

Wow, tough to (physically) get out of bed. Stairs are painful. Running six miles for first run was definitely a mistake.

Compounding the problem is that I signed up my first bike race, the Cross Timbers Classic (I registered for the 50-mile route), earlier this week. The race is Saturday morning so I have about 48 hours for my legs to recover - or it's gonna be a "long day" during the race.

One good/bad thing about the Cross Timbers Classic 50-mile race route is that there is a "fork" point about 15-miles into it which lets the tired rider "turn left" and cut the route down to 30 miles. Good for my legs if they cramp up during the ride. But bad for my willpower ...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Guessing that the cycling will actually make your legs feel better. Congrats on the first long run and signing up for the triathlon. The next challenge: brick workouts -- running immediately after cycling. Takes a bit of practice for the legs to make the switch. Good luck with the training and the tri. -Brian

Wanger said...

Thanks, Brian. I'm nervous - but excited - for the race tomorrow!

Brick workouts are definitely on the to-do list. Planning to do a sprint tri in June. More in a future post.

Thanks again for visiting and your comments.