Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Pool Closed - Biking in Grapevine

The pool at North Lake College is closed this week. They are removing the roof of the natatorium to turn the winter indoor pool into a summer outdoor pool.

Since the pool is closed, and since I have to come to grips that there are THREE parts to a TRIathlon, I decided to do some mountain biking this week. (Yeah, yeah, I know there aren't any mountains in Texas, but off-road biking doesn't flow as easily off the tongue).

Don and I did (part of) the Northshore Trail around Grapevine Lake between Rockledge Park and Murrell Park. About 10 miles total. Not a real long distance, but it is a good start. Been almost 5 years since I last rode those trails.

Afterword: My rear is little sore, but not too bad. Between my bike shorts, padded seat, and an extra 1-inch gel pad that wrapped on my seat, I had quite a bit of protection down there!

No comments: