Friday, May 25, 2007

Speed Swimming

I probably should have taken off today since I plan to do a 62-mile bike tomorrow, but I figured swimming should be okay since it is mostly upper body and with the lousy weather (the skies over Dallas-Fort Worth have been grey/raining for 90% of the past month) it is getting sketchy on whether the ride will actually happen.

Anyway, I really thought swimming would be slow and difficult today after working out almost every day this week and also doing upper body weight work yesterday after the Stairmaster, but I actually ended up having my fastest times yet for the swim.

The first 500 meters was completed in 13:12 - almost 40 seconds faster than what I did on Tuesday. I thought "nah, I must have miscounted the laps." So after a 48-second break - I wanted the watch to get back to ":00" - I did another 500 meters and completed them in 13:28. Wow, I really hope those times are correct. I'm looking forward to getting back to my regular pool at North Lake College next week to see if they hold.

In other news, Jarrod and I are officially registered for the 12th Annual Metroplex Sprint Tri on June 10. So nervous, yet so excited ...

No comments: