Thursday, May 17, 2007

Swimming in the Sun

My buddy Jonathan is getting married this weekend (so Jarrod and Mike are in San Fran with him). I couldn't go - it's tough to travel with our new baby. And Derek is off at a conference in DC.

So it was just me and Matt at the (newly "uncovered") pool today. Wow, is the pool bright when the top is off?!?

Started off with 500 meters in 14:03 ... then did another 500 meters right before leaving in about 15:30. Probably did about 1,200 to 1,300 total. For reference, I did 500 meters in 14:50 or so two weeks ago - so while still not a speedster, I am definitely improving! :-)

Surprisingly, right after the swim my legs felt a lot better. They still felt tired, but walking and stairs was much more comfortable. However, now, after dinner, they are stiffening up again. Trying to massage them while watching TiVoed CNBC "Closing Bell".

About 36 hours until bike race. Will be taking tomorrow off to rest up.

No comments: