Thursday, November 8, 2007

Almost Recovered, Back for More

It took about 2 days for the leg soreness from the half-marathon to subside, but overall it wasn't too bad. Actually, I think I felt worse after the eight mile training run from last Tuesday.

This week seemed to fly by from a workout perspective. Maybe it's because I didn't do any running :-P ...

On Monday, I had a quick (though not planned to be) swim. Unfortunately, the pool at the gym was closing at noon for minor repairs and upkeep, but after a little pleading, the maintenance guys let me get in about 21 minutes (and 1,000 yds) while they set up. I was planning to go further but as it turned out I was already pretty tired after the abreviated swim. 500 yd splits: 10:24 and 10:29.

Tuesday was a spin class and a treadmill walk (my legs were still too sore to run). Almost the same as last Thursday - 4 MPH for 30 minutes - 2 miles completed at 10% incline - 1,050 feet of elevation gain.

Wednesday was another spin class. Very tough - my heart rate were averaging below 150 bpm but felt much worse. The lack of a true recovery day after the DRC Half is catching up to me. Thought about doing some weights afterwards, but in addition to being tired, I had too much work to do so just went back to the grindstone.

Last night I went to bed at 9:00 and didn't get up until 6:00. So I got a really good night's sleep (I usually average 5.5-6 hours per night). Did a spin class with Don and Wilhe (Jonathan didn't show up - boo!) and then afterward swam 1,000 yds. Felt really good. Sleep works wonders. 500 yd splits: 10:11 and 10:20 with a 1:24 break in between.

Friday is an off day, and then I'll be running "only" a 10K (Run Off at the Ranch) on Saturday. My family will be coming along to cheer me on and do the 1 mile fun walk. Additionally, I think I've convinced Don and Wilhe to join me and Jarrod may even show up too. Looking forward to some nice weekend weather and a good run.

No comments: