Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ready to Run

I was a little sore after Tuesday's 8 miles. Ankles, knees, and quads were all complaining from being jolted back into service after almost a month off from any long distance running.

However, I forced myself to keep working out. Don met me at the Keller LA Fitness on Wednesday and we did a 60-minute spin class followed by some Subway sandwiches and brainstorming about work projects.

Today, I did some weight training, another spin class (this one only 45 minutes long) and then went to the cardio area to use the treadmill. My legs were feeling much better - almost 100% (except for being tired from pushing around the 45-pound flywheel of the spin bike) - but I didn't want to do any more high impact work. So I just did some walking - 30 minutes at a 15:00/mi pace - so 2 miles total. However, I did set it at a 10 degree incline and racked up 1,010 feet of elevation gain so it will still a decent workout.

Tomorrow will just be some light swimming and then just relaxing Friday night and Saturday before Sunday's half-marathon.

No comments: