Sunday, November 18, 2007

Mote In Motion

I ran the Fort Worth Runners Club "Mote In Motion" half-marathon today. It was a very nice day and the course was pretty flat - just two places with hills where the Trinity Trail went under (and back up) road crossings. Completed the 13.1 miles in 1 hour and 53 minutes (8:37/mi pace) which is about half a minute faster than the DRC Half. Not too shabby considering that it piggybacked on yesterday's 76.5-mile bike ride. Also encouraging: my average heart rate for today was 166 BPM, compared with 174 BPM for the DRC Half.

Before and after the race, I met the coordinators of the Team In Training Fort Worth Marathon team. They were signing up people for the P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Arizona Marathon and spring events. Something for me to look into next year if I want to do more running. :-)

Plus, the Soy Joy rep was there and giving away boxes of "close to expiration date" bars (she gave me a box of Mango and a box of Raisin Almond).

So I got to run a half-marathon, received a finisher's medal, had some refreshments, and took home 24 Soy Joy bars for an $8 race entry fee (plus $15 FWRC membership fee). Greatness!

MotionBased link: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4468441

No comments: